Servings: 10-inch cake
Cooking time: 60-75 min
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
8 ounces butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
4 large eggs
2 cups mashed cooked sweet potato
1. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, salt, ginger, and cinnamon, and whisk well.
2. In a small bowl, combine the milk and vanilla.
3. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugars until fluffy, then add eggs one at a time. Add the sweet potato.
4. At this point, it may look curdled, but that's O.K. Combine half of the flour mixture with the butter-sugar mixture, then add in half the milk mixture, beating continuously on low.
5. Add the remaining flour and milk mixtures.
6. Bake at 350 F for 60-75 min until the center is cooked through.