Springtime calls for lighter and healthier meals. I love to stop at my Local Farmers Market to pick up some fresh greens, like kale, to make a light, yet filling salad. My recipe for Kale Caesar Salad with homemade Spring Garlic Dressing and Cornbread Croutons is the perfect Springtime meal to serve to your family and friends.
Prep time: 10
Cooking time: 5
Total time: 15
2 bunches baby kale or other greens
Spring Garlic Dressing
1 qt. spring garlic
5 cloves garlic
5 egg yolks
¼ cup lemon juice
5 cups canola oil
10 filets anchovy
2 cups parmesan cheese
Buttermilk , enough to thin dressing
1 standard loaf cornbread, cut into 1" cubes
1/2 lb. butter
1/4 cup garlic, finely chopped
5 anchovies, finely chopped
For the Spring Garlic Dressing:
- Finely cut spring garlic & garlic cloves, allow to rest. Place in a blender with yolks and 2tbsp. water.
- Buzz until yolks are pale yellow.
- Slowly drizzle in canola oil, anchovies and lemon juice.
- Fold in parmesan.
- Thin with buttermilk.
For the Cornbread Croutons:
- Melt butter, brown garlic and anchovies.
- Generously toss cornbread cubes in butter.
- Toast in 350 degree oven until golden brown. Ideally warm cornbread before tossing with salad.
For the Salad:
- Toss kale together with dressing and cornbread croutons.
Serve and enjoy!