FOR THE LEMONGRASS SIMPLE SYRUP
· 8 lemongrass stalks, smashed and chopped
· 16 ounce sugar
· 16 ounces water
FOR THE BANANA CIDER COCKTAIL
· ¼ banana
· ½ ounce guava juice
· 1 ounce lemon grass simple syrup
· ½ ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
· 4 ounces Stella Artois Cidre, or similar alcoholic cider
· 3 ounces pebble ice cubes
· 1 basil leaf
· 1 sprinkle mitmita or berbere
- FOR THE LEMONGRASS SIMPLE SYRUP: Bring water and sugar to a rolling boiling, stirring occasionally. Add the lemongrass to the pot and lets steep for 15 min. Strain the syrup.
- TO ASSEMBLE: Place the banana and the guava juice in a shaker and muddle until chunky, but not mashed. Add the lemongrass syrup, lemon juice, and pebble ice then shake.
- Pour into a large wine glass and top off with the cider. Add a basil leaf and sprinkle with the Ethiopian spice