Happy New Year everyone! I'm so excited to see all the great things that this new year will bring. We've all made our resolutions and by sending out good energy, nothing can stop us from attaining our new goals. Bring it on 2012!
With the New Year comes my new favorites, so check them out:
- Boston Bay Jerk: I visited Jamaica over the Christmas break and I fell in love with Boston Bay. It was great to get out of the cold but even better to try great Jamaican food. The Boston Bay Jerk Center is a collection of a few shack that sell amazing Jerk Chicken and Pork and I couldn't get enough of it.
- My new knife bag: One of Red Rooster's great servers and sax player Ben, got me a new Leder Design Hamburg knife bag for Christmas. It was such a kind gesture and I'm going to start using it immediately! Thanks Ben!
- Chef Morgan Larsson's danishÂ : Swedish Chef Morgan Larsson never ceases to amaze me. Former pastry chef of the Russian Tea Room, is now at The Essex House and recently stopped by the Rooster to say hello. His danishes are amazing and you can find a recipe for it here.
- The Jolly Boys band: Going back to my trip to Jamaica, I got to hear a great Jamaican band, The Jolly Boys. Known as the Masters of Mento, The Jolly Boys have been around for nearly 60 years and still continue to rock out to this day. Check out their video below.
- and still, Glogg: Â I know it's a little late in the season but I still can't get enough of this traditional Swedish mulled wine. As long as it's cold outside, I'll be drinking Glogg! Check out how to make your own here.
[vsw id="kqaadTlATqk" source="youtube" width="425" height="344" autoplay="no"]
For more of my favorites, follow me on Twitter (@MarcusCooks)