Summertime is my favorite time of year, especially since I get to travel. As I'm traveling right now, I love listening to music that will put me in that summertime mood. Here's a list of my favorite summer songs. So if it's time for you to change up your playlist, why not try jamming to these tunes?
- "Everyday People" by Sly and the Family Stone. This is one of my all-time favorite bands and this song in particular reminds me so much of summer. It's a happy and up-beat song that always cheers me up when I hear it.
- "Pretty Wings" by Maxwell. This song reminds me of summer because it was summertime when I first heard it. I love Maxwell's smooth voice and this tune is definitely a winner. It's perfect when you're winding down your day.
- "Just the One for Me" by Mingus. Mingus is a talented up-and-coming musician right out of Harlem. This is his new single that was recently released. Keep an eye out for him!
- Any live song from Pink Martini. This 13-member band is my go-to group to listen to when I want to hear great jazz and old-fashioned pop. Any song from them is worth listening to and is sure to turn you into a fan. The song, "Let's Never Stop Falling in Love," is one of my favorites.
- "Lagos vs. New York" by Nigerian singer-songwriter Keziah Jones. This brilliant musician plays what he calls "Blufunk" which is a mix between raw bluesÂ elements and hard, edgyÂ funkÂ rhythms. Look out for him; he's going to be big!
Hope you like my list! What are your favorite summertime jams?