In the hot summer months, popsicles are a perfect way to cool down while enjoying a delicious, fruity treat. A lot of the popsicles you’ll find in a supermarket have a lot of unwanted sugar or preservatives, so why not just make your own icy dessert.
All you need to do is find some delicious fruit, blend them up, and freeze them. Try this recipe for a surprisingly delicious and refreshing fruity combo.
Recipe by Matt Essert
Servings: Should make at least six 4 ounce popsicles.
3 cups fresh strawberries
3 whole peaches
2 cups lemonade
1. Remove the stems from the strawberries and cut into small chunks.
2. Remove the pits and skin from peaches and cut into small chunks.
3. Combine the lemonade and most of the peaches and strawberries in a blender. Reserve a few of the fruit chunks whole for later.
4. Blend the mixture until it achieves a smooth consistency.
5. Fill popsicle molds with the blended fruit mixture and a few chunks of the fruits.
6. Freeze molds for several hours.