Looking to make an authentic Moroccan meal? Try this three-part recipe that creates a fabulous dinner for two and highlights Argania Gourmet’s most prized ingredient: Argan Oil. This delicious dish of spiced lamb with couscous and vegetables was designed by the Argania team’s chef just for us! The recipe uses argan oil in each component lending itself to create a unique taste profile in each dish alone. But when eaten together, the layers of flavor are absolutely divine!
Calories per serving: 306 per serving
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 50 minutes
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
For spiced lamb:
½ pound of lamb
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/3 cup argan oil
2 tsp. honey
1onion , sliced
1 oz. golden raisins
1 tsp. salt
1 clove of garlic , minced
1 pinch each of ground ginger, coriander, cumin, paprika
pepper to taste
7 oz. couscous
2 tsp. lemon juice
2 tbsp. argan oil
1 cup water
pepper to taste
2 red peppers
1 tsp. fresh oregano
½ tsp. black pepper
¼ cup argan oil
1. Marinade lamb in mixture of argan oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, ginger, coriander, cumin, paprika, and pepper. Leave in fridge to marinade overnight.
2. Soak golden raisins in warm water overnight.
Directions For Lamb:
1. On the day of cooking, sear the lamb in a shallow pan until colored on all sides.
2. Remove the lamb and begin to caramelize the sliced onions in the same pan.
3. Add the lamb, honey, raisins and water to cover ingredients.
4. Cook on medium low heat until lamb is tender, season with salt and pepper to taste.
Directions For Couscous:
1. Start by bring water to boil.
2. In a separate bowl, mix the grains with lemon juice and argan oil.
3. When water is boiling, add seasoned grains to boiling water, remove from heat and cover for 5 minutes.
4. Fluff with a fork, and top with fresh ground pepper.
Directions For Summer Roasted Vegetables:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Slice all vegetables and toss in argan oil and fresh oregano leaves.
3. Roast at 350 F for 8 minutes and then season with salt and pepper.
Put it all together and you’ve got a delicious, authentic Moroccan meal. Enjoy!