Poke is a huge food trend right now, and I absolutely love how fresh and delicious it is. We are serving a version of this Salmon Poke at several of our restaurants right now.
FOR THE POKE MARINADE
● 8 ounces extra virgin olive oil
● 2 ounces Toban Djan
● 2 ounces Yuzu Kosho
● 3 ounces sesame oil
● 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
● 1 teaspoon scallion, minced
● 8 ounces soy sauce
● Zest of 2 limes
FOR THE POKE
● 3 ounces salmon, diced
● 1.5 teaspoon (0.25 oz.) grated red onion
● 1.5 teaspoon (0.25 oz.) breakfast radish, sliced length wise
● 1/3 teaspoon (0.05 oz.) jalapeno, sliced into thin rounds
● 2 tablespoons poke marinade
● 1.5 teaspoon (0.25 oz.) macadamia nuts, roasted and roughly chopped
1. For the Marinade: In a large bowl combine all ingredients and whisk together until combined.
2. For the Poke: In a medium size bowl, gently mix together the salmon, radish, onion, and jalapeno with the marinade dressing. Layer 1/3 of the salmon poke with 1/3 of the nuts, repeating until all ingredients are used.