My favorite thing to make during the summer is succotash using the freshest produce I can find. We serve a version at Red Rooster that’s always one of the most popular side dishes during the summer. Come get it at Red Rooster while you still can before the season ends, and try make it yourself at home today.
Total time: 20
8 ounces zucchini, diced
8 ounces corn, charred
4 ounces tomato , chopped.
8 ounces fresh Lima beans
4 teaspoons chopped herbs (parsley, cilantro, chive)
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small shallot, chopped
2 small garlic cloves, minced
Salt , to tate
Black Pepper , to taste
- Heat up the olive oil in a sauté pan.
- Add the shallot and garlic. Cook for 30 seconds until aromatic.
- Add the zucchini and fresh Lima beans. Let it cook for one minute.
- Add the corn and tomatoes. Continue to sauté until all the vegetables are cooked through but not mushy.
- Off the heat, finish with the fresh herbs. Add salt and black pepper to taste.