Recipe courtesy Red Rooster Harlem
Tara O’Keeffe is a food writer and author of FunFearlessFoodie.com
1 cup flour
1 cup yellow cornmeal
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp dried aleppo flakes
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup sour cream
1/3 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp olive oil
Honey butter, for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, aleppo flakes, and salt in a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, buttermilk, and olive oil.
4. Combine the two mixtures and stir until a smooth consistency.
5. Pour the batter into 9 by 5-inch loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray.
6. Bake in the oven for 22 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the edges are golden brown.
Serve warm with honey butter.