The ultimate Valentine’s Day gift is hands-down, breakfast in bed! Not only does it help you show off your kitchen skills to your loved one but it also lets you stay in bed a little longer, which is always a good thing. This week on MarcusSamuelsson.com, we’ll feature various breakfast-in-bed recipes for you to prepare on the big V-Day; or better yet, any day of the week. After all, love and affection shouldn’t be left for just one day a year.
Today’s recipe calls for a tropical twist to everyone’s favorite breakfast item- the pancake! With added mangos and bananas, these pancakes are sure to hit that sweet spot first thing in the morning. The coconut milk adds a hint of extra creaminess to the fluffy pancakes for even more decadence. Be sure to top them off with extra fruit and small drizzle of your favorite maple syrup for an ultimate pancake!
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, follow me on Twitter (@MarcusCooks)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup milk
2 bananas (1 diced and 1 sliced)
2 mangos (1 diced and 1 sliced)
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix the diced mango, coconut milk, milk, egg, butter and diced banana in another bowl.
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients.
- Heat a pan and melt a touch of butter in it.
- Pour a medium-sized ladle full of the mixture into the pan and cook until the surface starts to bubble and the bottom is golden brown, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancake and cook the other side until the bottom is golden brown, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the pancakes topped with the sliced mangos and bananas and maple syrup.