Cucumber water is perhaps one of the most refreshing drinks out there and is incredibly simple to make. It also is the base for this perfect spring cocktail.
Cool Cucumber Cocktail
3/4 oz //St. Germain elderflower liqueur
1 1/2 oz. //Hendrick's gin
3/4 oz //cucumber water
1/4 oz //simple syrup //(recipe to follow)
Fresh mint leaves
Heavy squeeze of lime juice
2 parts// sugar
1 part// water
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine St. Germain, gin, cucumber water, simple syrup, cucumber slices and a nice amount of mint leaves. Using a wooden spoon, crush all ingredients together. Add crushed ice, cover and shake vigorously in a cocktail shaker.
2. Pour the mixture into a cocktail glass, old fashioned glass or my personal favorite, a mason jar. Top the cocktail off with a splash of tonic water, garnish with a cucumber slice and you're all set!
1. Bring the water to a boil. Dissolve the sugar into the water, stirring constantly
2. Once the sugar is completely dissolved, take the pan off the heat (do not let the sugar boil for too long because it will become too thick).
3. Allow to cool completely before use.