The rich flavors of dark chocolate, caramel, and peanuts enhance the sweet and tangy nature of balsamic when its been reduced down to a syrup-like texture. This velvety mouthfeel makes balsamic reduction a great addition to soups, salads, lamb, and even desserts!
Here are a few dishes that this Choco Nut Balsamic Reduction would be great as an addition to a dish or a substitution for the balsamic already being used:
- roasted beet salad with goat cheese and a glass of crisp rose
- strawberry ice cream
- creamy carrot and parsnip soup
- roasted asparagus
- caprese salad
- grilled treviso with watercress and creamy blue cheese
- lamb sausage, goat cheese, and fig salad
- seared duck breast with roasted figs and arugula salad
- spring crostini
Calories per serving: 14 per serving
Prep time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 15 mins
Total time: 20 mins
1 cup balsamic vinegar
1 Choco Nut tea bag
1. Bring the vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Then add tea bag, and let steep for 10 minutes.
2. Once vinegar boils, turn the heat to low and let reduce to 1/3 to ½ cup. (about 15-20 minutes). Remember: the vinegar will thicken as it cools.
3. Refrigerate for later use, or drizzle immediately on your dish of choice. Can be refrigerated in a covered container and stored up to a few months.