Not many people have enough time to eat right, plan out a skin regiment and have time leftover to catch up on Top Chef. Thankfully, you can accomplish two of the three in one fell swoop. Be sure to stock up on these top 5 foods as they make for great skin boosters:Â
* Sweet Potatoes: To combat against those pesky wrinkles, start out by eating more sweet potatoes. Vitamin C helps to stimulate the production of collagen. Papaya and carrots are great as well! Try mixing sweet potatoes into Whole-Wheat Sweet Potato Coconut Muffins or Sweet Potato and Lamb Hash.
* Almonds: Vitamin E is a great antioxidant, which helps to defend yourself against sun damage. Almonds are chock full of them! Easy to grab a handful to eat on the go, almonds are also a good source of magnesium and protein. Nuts also happen to be a great power snack.
* Cooked Tomatoes: Containing a trifecta of goodness, tomatoes have antioxidants, vitamins A and C and lycopene, which help eliminate free-radicals that can cause your skin to age prematurely. Cooking the tomatoes helps to concentrate and keep in all those helpful boosters. For a healthy cooked tomato dish, try this Five-Ingredient Tomato Basil Soup.
* Spinach: Popeye knew what he was getting into when he downed large amounts of spinach. The folate levels in spinach help maintain and repair DNA, which can reduce cancer-cell growth in your skin. It also contains a plethora of other vitamins including vitamin E and vitamin A. Don't worry, there are plenty of delicious recipes that call for spinach so you won't bore of it!
* Canned Tuna: Seemingly out of place in this list, canned tuna is actually a great skin tightener. It contains selenium which helps preserve elastin and allows your skin to maintain its tightness and smoothness. Just be sure to eat it and not use it as a face mask!