This month is starting off as a whirlwind. I have to give it up to the New York Giants and their big win on Super Bowl Sunday! It was such an exciting game to watch and seeing all of the New York pride this week has been inspiring.
I can't wait to see what else February has in store for us! Here's a list of my current five favorites:
1) The New York Giants Winning the Super Bowl: It's our fourth win and a well deserved one, if I might add! We started off the season a little rocky but we pulled through undefeated at the end! Great job Giants! It's exciting seeing a quiet leader like Eli Manning pull such an amazing win. We even showed some Giants pride at the Rooster the other day.
2) The Red Rooster Cal Massey Tribute Concert by Fred Ho: I can't wait for the Fred Ho tribute to Cal Massey concert taking place this month at Red Rooster Harlem. We held a press luncheon for Fred last week and had the honor of being joined by Cal Massey's children, Taru and India Massey. Stay tuned to our site for more details of the concerts!
3) New decor on the Rooster Wall: I recently went shopping at one of our local vintage stores here in Harlem and picked up a few trinkets for our Rooster Wall. I picked up a vintage cognac demijohn, a glass jar that we filled with candy, and a Harry Belafonte album. All were great finds!
4) Valentine's Day at Red Rooster: I'm looking forward to a special Valentine's Day at Red Rooster this year. We have a great Valentine's Day menu, so be sure to make your reservations fast. But if you prefer to not celebrate your Valentine's Day with a significant other, don't worry come and join us anyways for our Lonely Heart Club at the Red Rooster Bar. Come have a drink, meet new people and jam out to our live house DJ. Now there's no excuse to be alone on V-Day.
5) Sanford's New Art Piece: Last week we got a new art piece by Sanford Biggers installed last week. It's another piece from his quilt collection. This beautiful quilt is hanging up at the Rooster for all those who want to stop by a take a gander at.
Photos: Cyndi Amaya
For more of my favorites, follow me on Twitter (@MarcusCooks)